About Diane Muller
Diane is married to Roy and they have five daughters between them and, so far, 7 grandchildren, plus one great granddaughter.
Diane started her career as a secretary but very shortly became interested in becoming a Crown Court verbatim shorthand writer (stenographer) at the Old Bailey. She pursued this career for 13 years before becoming the contractor to supply the service to the Old Bailey … she eventually sold the company in 2002.
During her time at court, she heard many distressing stories, dreadful things that happened to people and this had a profound effect upon her. She trained in meditation to deal with those experiences. Furthermore, when she became a contractor, she became the unofficial counsellor for her staff, some very young, who found the court cases very disturbing; they found it very helpful.
After the company was sold Diane’s interest in mental well being became more intense and, with that in mind, undertook training with the organisation International Association of Hypnoanalysists. This training was very intense but provided great insight into mental health. The organisation changed and improved its training, eventually becoming the International Association of Evidence Based Psychotherapy (IAEBP), which includes hypnotherapy and psychotherapy.
During this transition time, the Thrive Programme was developed by Rob Kelly. Diane was fully trained and was a Thrive Consultant until recently. She has now spread her wings and, though that training was invaluable, has enhanced it with other aspects of psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip.Hyp with the Hypnotherapy Practitioners Association (2004) (MHPA)
- Dip.Hyp Hypnotherapy Control Board (2005)
- Membership of the International Association of Pure Hypnoanalysts (2005) (MIAPH)
- Advanced Diploma (IAPH) (2007)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Hypnosis for Pain Control and Anaesthesia (Stephen Chan)
- Certificate in Easy Smoking Cessation (Rob Kelly)
- Certificate in Listening Skills
- Certificate in Hypnoband
- Certificate in THRIVE (Changing Limiting Beliefs)
- Certificate in Sexual Abuse and Sexual Offending
- Certificate in Secrets of Successful Hypnoanalysis